Interesting Massage Therapies From Around The World
All of us will agree that after a long hard week of stress and work, there is nothing more relaxing than getting yourself a massage. Not only do these spa therapies relax and revitalize your system, but there are a number of special techniques that originate from different parts of the world. These were created to serve their own unique purpose, and here are some of the most interesting and popular ones that you can opt for:
1. Ayurvedic Therapy: Originating from the culture rich country of India, this technique is similar to the acupressure techniques employed in China. They focus on pressure points across the body for healing and detoxification.
2. The Balinese Therapy: A fairly uncommon type of massage therapy, this is a combination of a number of therapies including the Swedish, deep tissue, aroma and even Reiki therapies.
3. Full Body Electric Massage: This is a perfect blend of the popular Thai massage that focusing on stretching and combining it with its Swedish counterpart that consists mainly of body rubs. This therapy adds a hint of spirituality into it by borrowing techniques from Buddhism. The body is healed by focusing on every chakra and even enhancing self-awareness and sensuality to oneself.
4. The Canadian Deep Tissue Massage: Specially designed to get rid of prevalent bolidy plains, Vancouver massage therapists are experts in helping you get rid of a number of problems related to the muscles. This type of therapy usually doesn’t take too long and is done while the person is clothed and seated on a chair.
5. Esalen Therapy: An innovative approach to conventional therapies this technique works on the person’s emotions. Their belief is that the power of human touch is strong enough to heal emotional troubles in any human being and they consider this as a psychological treatment for the receiver.
6. Five Element Shiatsu: This therapy consists of a rhythmic movement on the back and stomach that is believed to heal the body. The therapist will employ all of his or her senses to understand your body and the type of healing it requires. The therapy is then customized to cure the specific issues that are you facing.
7. The Russian Massage: This is another pain relieving massage and is done by giving alternating strokes of deep long ones followed by short and quick ones. Some people consider this to be a compilation of the Swedish as well as the sports massage.
In addition to this, there are a number of other therapies such as the Hawaiian lomi lomi, rolfing, the native American raindrop therapy, Thai herbal massage etc., that you can choose from to find the correct mode of therapy for yourself.